Sunday, November 07, 2010

Letters: Yoga teaches us all to be more flexible - Sheboygan Press

How unfortunate the "conservative evangelicals" (author's words, not mine) choose to attack the practice of yoga ("No Yoga," article in the Sept. 24 Sheboygan Press) rather than focus on more pressing issues.

My limited experience with yoga has helped me focus mentally, find stability and balance physically, and encouraged me to have an overall sense of being in the moment.

As far as finding "salvation," the last time I read my Bible, which was this morning, Matthew 7:5 urged me to "? first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." Sure sounds like "looking inward" might be a good place to start.

I await my next yoga class where, among other things, I will learn to become more flexible.

Kathy Ignatowski

Sheboygan


View the original article here

No comments: